Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Happy Birthday Rahul!!

I love this guy. i really do. He turns 33 today. phew!! The first time i saw him play was in 1996, i remember, i was small ( like i am big now!) and pretty ( goes without saying) that cover drive with the full face of the bat! four runs and i was waiting to see the dude, cursing the cameramen who never show what i wanna see but just the repeated highlights of the ball going to the boundary! now tats door darshan for you in star sports!! And finally that tiny head (with loads of grey matter, mind you) and an extremely well groomed, decent looking lad, who had i-am-nothing-but-a-nice-guy written all over the Wall... and there i go!! i wouldn call it a crush and make it sound like just one of my numerous drool episodes, this was the ultimate.. i love it jus love it, when we beat the English in their own backyard, still chanting, Simon go back!!
Trust me nothing gives me a high, than watching those who ruled over us for 200 f ing years, lose in their own game!! and he scores a century on debut.

I can go on and on about him and never stop ever. but its not only love, but also respect. I did not fall for him because he was or rather is 'cute' but because he has extraordinary patience and exemplary talent and most importantly a firm head on his shoulders. you might say what about sachin tendulkar?? i like him too, have always, will always, considering he plays with the heaviest bat in the world and manages to create and break records in a span of a blinking second is a feat in itself. his shots are handsome and he is humble to the core.

But this post is dedicated to the man who stuck to the book, literally!! never losing hope ever. dropped out of the one day team, who is the captain now??!! howzzat??!!

Happy Birthday Rahul! For the world you might be the Wall, but for me YOU ROCK!!

2 comments:

Anu said...

i LOVE HIM I LOVE DRAVID!!!! He is my ultimate man! i tore myself off the screen of my tv wher he is openin for indai against pak!!! the love of my life!! so appeaaling... wanna do certain undescribable things to him... if u knw wht i mean;-)

crumbs said...

with u 2 crazy women going ga ga over the guy, i dont tkink i even wanna comment!

Coming of Age

Did you know the Japanese have a coming-of-age holiday? So, every year, the second Monday of January is a national holiday to celebrate...